Occasionally, a client’s environment has restrictions on user access to a browser or to run restricted desktops that cannot access the BarTender Web Print server to generate on-demand Barcode labels. If this is the case, you still have the option of printing using a utility included with AdvanceLabel. Here are the steps:
- Access the manual print transaction either via standard SAP menus,
Logistics Execution->AdvanceLabel->Manual print
or using the T-code /Advsys/manuallbl
- Target Host – This value will default based on your settings or may no show
- Label format – this refers to the template you use for printing your labels. Note: you can leave this value blank. (I will explain more shortly.)
- Printer – this should be self explanatory.
- Copies – the number of copies of each label needed.
- The application can work by retrieving default data from the provided documents to generate your label, enter one of the values for either delivery, shipment or handling unit depending on your label.
- If no document is selected all values will need to be provided in the subsequent screen.
That’s it. Select execute and you have your labels.
Note: in the case where a format is not provided, the application can use the customer (identified in the document provided) and determine the specific label that customer requires (assuming the label format is maintained), and uses that format automatically.
If you have any questions, please drop us a note.
Advanced Solutions is a leading provider of third party SAP support, our experts provide Application Management services , post implementation support and are considered experts in their respective practice areas of SAP. To learn more contact us today!